Dental Hygienists: Your Mouth’s Best Friend
If you’ve been to a dentist recently, you’ve probably noticed something has changed. Your hygiene appointment is no longer just a cleaning. Today’s dental hygienists are as instrumental in early detection of oral problems as a dentist. Recently, the American Dental Hygienists’ Association formally recognized the importance of a hygienist’s role with regard to their patients’ . At Periodontal Associates in Aurora, we are pleased to have Michelle and Carolyn as part of our team fighting the battle against and maintaining healthy gums and bones in Denver and the surrounding communities.
During your appointment, your will:
• review your medical history
• remove the plaque and tartar from your teeth
• do a pocket-depth check of your gums to look for any signs of periodontal disease
• take x-rays (if indicated)
• clean, polish and floss your teeth
• check for signs of oral cancer
• explain how to treat or prevent any issues that seem troublesome
• formulate a home care plan to keep your mouth healthy
At Periodontal Associates, our hygienists will also follow up this treatment with an easy home care plan for you. You may notice your mouth is a little healthier. If so, you have one important member of our Denver dental team to thank, your hygienist.