According to MSNBC.
The BEST foods for your teeth:
- Raw fruits and vegetables - An apple a day keeps the cavities at bay.
- Water, water, water!
- Low/non-fat dairy products. Yogurt is an especially good choice because it promotes healthy bacteria
- Sugarless gum - Helps promote saliva. Sugarless gum with Xylitol fights acid that creates cavities
The WORST foods for your teeth:
- Hard and sticky candies. No surprises here!
- Dried fruit - The water has been removed and you're left with a lot of sugar. Don't stop eating these, just remember to drink water or brush afterwards.
- Berries - Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries. Anything that will stain a t-shirt, will stain your teeth. Just remember to drink water after enjoying this healthy treat.
- High sugar drinks - Juices and smoothies.
- Sodas - Both regular and diet.