According to drbicuspid.com the Chicago Dental Society surveyed more than 300 members to find out the strangest dental requests they'd ever received from patients.
Here are their responses:
- "Can you extract my tooth without anesthesia?"
- "Please wire my mouth shut to aid in my diet."
- "Can you ID this set of dentures left in the bathroom of the bar I work at?"
- "I will pay you or your hygienist to floss my teeth at my office every day."
- "Pull all my teeth and just give me dentures."
- "I just broke off my engagement. Can you prepare my tooth so that I can keep the diamond in it?"
- "Will you give me local anesthesia in my lips? I'm going in for permanent "lipstick" tattoos on my lips and would like to avoid the pain."
- "May I have an emergency cleaning visit? It's my high school reunion and I need a bright, white smile to face my old boyfriend."
- "Can I keep the teeth you pull out of my mouth? I'd like to make a necklace out of them."
- "Can you give my dog braces?"
If you have any questions or concerns regarding dental hygiene or care, dental implants and replacement procedures for a missing tooth or teeth...or whether we recommend using power tools for a do-it-yourself root canal (No!), please feel free to contact our office by phone at 303-755-4500 or email. Periodontal Associates (Drs. Versman & Heller) are happy to serve the Denver Metro area and are conveniently located in Aurora, CO. We serve the surrounding cities of Denver, Centennial, Parker, Lone Tree, Bennett, Strasburg, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Englewood and Lakewood, CO.